Simon Wardley, a researcher with CSC’s Leading Edge Forum, has issued today his 2011 predictions for Cloud Computing:
- Platform as a service will overtake Infrastructure as a service as the main buzz of cloud computing.
- Customer adoption rates of cloud computing will outstrip most analyst predictions.
- Cost efficiency arguments around cloud computing will increasingly be replaced with innovation successes.
- Conventional wisdom shifts and open source architectures dominate cloud computing.
- Enterprise IT increasingly focuses on new value creation, architecture and vendor management as cloud computing grows.